Who we are
We’re Ideal. Our mission is to be the data behind every talent decision to ensure accuracy, fairness and efficiency. As a market leader and first-mover in talent screening and matching, Ideal has the opportunity to build and develop one of the most innovative and crucial products to solve an age-old problem. Ideal has experienced explosive growth and major traction amongst some of the largest organizations in the world. As our customer base has grown so has the complexity of our product. The QA Lead will champion efforts to ship a quality product to our customers and be responsible for shaping the direction of product quality at Ideal. The successful candidate will work closely with release managers, software developers, and product managers to ensure that the quality of deployments is upheld based on product requirements.
What you will be doing
- Identify test scenarios that are critical and repetitive and automate them, overseeing their execution and maintenance.
- Work with the team to ensure bugs are triaged and resolved in time, creating a culture of quality in the production teams you are part of
- Work with our Product Delivery team to plan and coordinate UAT and ensure successful delivery
- Stay up-to-date with the latest tools and technologies and explore non-functional areas such as Performance, Security, and Accessibility testing
- Explore and evaluate tooling for performance testing, and help lay the foundation for a performance test suite.
Who you are
- A background in software engineering. We don’t really care if this is a degree in computer science or self taught, as long as you have a passion for software development and an understanding of core computer science concepts
- A passion for finding that obscure bug that no one else can find. You get excited when you find a bug and treat it like a treasure hunt
- 3+ years in a QA role
- Expert in writing and designing integration tests for web API based applications
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Comfortable writing non-functional test plans
- Comfortable with Jira, G Suite, Slack, and virtual meeting tools
- Experience being a key stakeholder in a release management plan
- Excellent English communication skills: written and oral