Who we are
We are Ideal. Our mission is to be the data behind every talent decision to ensure accuracy, fairness and efficiency. As a market leader and first-mover in talent screening and matching, Ideal has the opportunity to build and develop one of the most innovative and crucial products to help match the top talents to the right jobs. This means we screen job applications for our customers and use AI to help them make fair and accurate recruiting decisions. We have experienced fast growth and major traction amongst some of the largest organizations in the world. As our customer base has grown we need more people to join and steer our product development.
You will be our main product manager guiding the efforts of our development teams. You will translate our vision and strategy to actionable items that the development team can build. You will work closely with people and teams inside Ideal and our customers to understand the problems and clearly communicate to the development team.
What you will be doing
- Work with our Director of Product to define our product strategy and roadmap. Then lead the execution by translating them into actionable, clear, and achievable tasks
- Completely own the backlog and prioritization of tasks working closely with the developers and other internal and external stakeholders
- Write detailed and clear tasks for the developers to do and test after completion
- Represent the product team during backlog grooming, sprint planning, and daily standups
- Actively participate in designing new features and user experience
- Learn about and research HR Tech, specifically in recruitment and talent management
- Support the Product Delivery team in understanding and documentation of product improvements
Who you are
- You are legally authorized to work in Canada
- You have solid organizational skills and attention to detail. You ask insightful questions and find the root of the problem
- You can effectively communicate (both ways) with business and technical stakeholders and can find a path forward collaboratively
- You have strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- You take initiative and are able to manage yourself and the priorities of the backlog given demands from various stakeholders
- You have a good grasp of software development processes and some high-level technical knowledge to be able to effectively discuss problems and understand proposed solutions. This likely comes from several years of experience in a similar SaaS environment.
- You are driven and ambitious and looking to grow with a fast-paced company
- Interest in Human Resources (HR) space and AI
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with APIs (REST & SOAP), SQL and AWS Services.
- Comfortable with Jira, G Suite, Slack, and virtual meeting tools
- Experience with product design and prototyping
- Experience with a programming language and database
- Experience in B2B SaaS startup
- Experience in HR or HR Tech
- Experience in data analysis and analytics