Who we are
We are Ideal. Our mission is to be the data behind every talent decision to ensure accuracy, fairness and efficiency. As a market leader and first-mover in talent screening and matching, Ideal has the opportunity to build and develop one of the most innovative and crucial products to help match the top talents to the right jobs. This means we screen job applications for our customers and use AI to help them make fair and accurate recruiting decisions. We have experienced fast growth and major traction amongst some of the largest organizations in the world. As our customer base has grown we need more people to join and steer our product development.
You will oversee team operations for the product and development teams. This includes leading the entire sprint management process, adhering to strategic initiative plans, hitting project timelines, gathering requirements, specifying clear story descriptions, facilitating team meetings, setting sprint metrics, running analytics reports and owning change management.
What you will be doing
- Completely own the sprint process (i.e., daily scrum meetings, planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, reporting, and reviews)
- Manage and analyze sprint metrics for insights towards process improvements
- Coordinate tasks between development teams
- Manage the development team’s available resources to ensure accurate delivery of customer commitments. This includes coordination across the development, product and implementation teams.
- Continuously work on process improvement for the development and product teams
- Work with product, development and QA to ensure sprint tickets are complete and have enough product knowledge to help write tickets or pitch in filling out some of the details
Who you are
- A solid understanding of software development processes. This likely comes from several years of experience in a similar SaaS environment.
- Able to understand the product and complex technical systems as both a user and a developer
- Previous experience managing software projects
- Background in software development or computer science
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with Jira, G Suite, Slack, and virtual meeting tools
- Excellent English communication skills with stakeholders at all levels: written and oral
- Eager to learn and embrace change in fast-paced environment
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
Nice to haves
- Experience with product design and prototyping
- Experience in data analysis